Skill week - life drawing part two
The second day of drawing.Warm up exercise was quite difficult as it was only 2 min long and I used the fine line pen, I tried to avoid drawing , how does Sam said - the“chicken legs” (many short lines) I looked at the model body, shape, curves and lines and I draw firm, black outlines trying to keep the pen on the paper. We repeated those exercise few times and we tried blind drawing which was even more difficult. However the main point was to warm up the hand, not to draw the perfect picture This time I had little bit more time. I started by looking at his arms position and where to start drawing, consider the chair and his feet. The left arm and the line of his back I draw first, then I concentrated on his legs and position on the chair. Awareness of time going wasn’t helpful, moreover using the black pen was difficult as its shows every single mistake. I love using fine liners pen when I am drawing cartoon characters, this was something new for me. I swapped pen for mor...
Well done for posting this, there is a lot of detail and thought in this and I hope you can carry it through to your project.
ReplyDelete